* Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio. * Closely work with the Relationship Manager (RM) from the origination and play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective. * Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence. * Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products. * Work with the RM, in a) obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc. b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c) expediting approvals. * Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval. * Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc. * Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation. * Release the trade offerings in IMEX, after obtaining the necessary approvals. * Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post Deal Account monitoring
* Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes. * Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately * Ensure Zero BCA over dues. * Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries. * Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time * Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs * In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank's policies and guidelines
Others * Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required * Prepare specific industry study * Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required. * Effective use of Creditmate & RMWB
Qualifications and Skills
* Business, Accounting or related degree level education or equivalent preferred. Certification in Core Credit Curriculum desired. * Excellent financial analysis skill and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations. * Preference would be given to candidates with ability to create financial models and experience in handling Complex Credits. * Previous relevant experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients is essential in this role. * Product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment. * Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to commercial banking. * Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/03/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.